|Summary:||Bidirectional GIOP does not work with multi-homed onmiorb clients|
|Product:||JacORB||Reporter:||Jens Vagts <jens>|
|Component:||ORB||Assignee:||Phil Mesnier <mesnierp>|
Description Jens Vagts 2016-02-09 02:17:15 CET
Bidirectional communication does work in our environment (Windows 7 with omniorb clients and jacorb server) as long as the clients do not submit multiple IP addresses with their bidir context due to multiple network interfaces installed ('multi-homed host'). The callback call does once reach the client but the reply cannot be processed by jacorb with following warning in the log file: > org.jacorb.giop.conn | Received reply for unknown request id: 1 The bidir context submitted by the omniorb client has been processed by jacorb as follwoing: > org.jacorb.giop.bidir.interceptor | Client conn. added to target 192.168.217.1:49802 > org.jacorb.giop.bidir.interceptor | Client conn. added to target 192.168.135.1:49802 > org.jacorb.giop.bidir.interceptor | Client conn. added to target 192.168.56.1:49802 > org.jacorb.giop.bidir.interceptor | Client conn. added to target 10.49.4.133:49802 Clients having (submitting) only one IP address to the same jacorb server instance do succeed.
Comment 1 Phil Mesnier 2016-02-10 17:04:09 CET
*** Bug 1027 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 2 Phil Mesnier 2016-02-10 17:05:14 CET
Ha Ha, great minds think alike! I checked for such a bug as this on the 8th, then today created 1027. I'v marked 1027 as a duplicate of this one. I have a solution, I'll commit it shortly.
Comment 3 Jens Vagts 2016-02-11 02:10:32 CET
That sounds great Phil! I'm not that familiar with the connection management of jacorb, so stopped investigations after a few days on 9th with just describing the constraints. Let me know when we can test your commit!
Comment 4 Jens Vagts 2016-07-01 02:30:11 CEST
The commit from Phil on Feb. 11th (https://github.com/JacORB/JacORB/commit/7f8b19a86ec2cd19262ec315ecb76930aa969729) did solve this ticket for me. We finally got our other used CORBA libraries (Omniorb and IIOP.NET) to run with bidirectional communication enabled together with jacorb. All tests on our production systems during the last weeks succeded! So this ticket is fixed from my point of view. Many many thanks to Phil for his quick help!